CiR Top Ten

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CiR Top Ten

Post  Steven Rausch on Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:00 am

The sun has set on Carnage in Ring's 49th season, and the dust has settled on Extreme Rewards VI. We saw titles change hands, we saw destinies inverted in an instant, and we may have seen the last of at least one CiR Superstar. As we head into the break between seasons, let's take a moment to reflect on the brave new world forged in the fabled squared circle last night.

Votes for the Postseason are due by 11:59 PM (EST), on a Sunday to be determined.. Remember to PM @CiR Top Ten on these forums to have your votes counted! As a recap: Each week of each CiR season, these rankings will be updated based on match performance and member voting. The following list shows all match activity accounted for starting on 8/22/2017. It will continue through the Season 49 finale, at which point all current standings will reset as we begin another PPV cycle.

Please note: as a CiR member, you have ten points to use on your votes. Put all ten on one person, spread them out across ten people, or do anything in between. Just don't vote for yourself!

And if you need a refresher on how points are registered from match results and title changes, check this out.

CiR Top Ten - November 13th, 2017

1.) Lottie Kelly                      (122 Points)

So her record for this very Top Ten will stand at 122 points, dwarfing the previous champion Shane Brady's total. However, Lottie Kelly wasn't ready to leave her first Extreme Rewards empty-handed. She happily accepted General Freedom's formulation for their order of march in pursuit of Vahn's Double Down Championship, happily accepting and taking advantage of her status as the second challenger. Fresh-faced and full of the energy we've come to expect, Lottie Kelly left the building with that very title. Her CiR story can only continue to trend up from here.

2.) Jimmy James                   (87 Points)

If Lottie Kelly wasn't currently under the employ of Carnage in Ring, Jimmy James would have set a new record for Top Ten points across a two-season arc. Similarly, if King wasn't around - or even if he simply hadn't won the Carnage Rumble - Jimmy might still be the CiR World Heavyweight Champion this morning. Alas, we inhabit reality, and in this reality, Jimmy lost it all at Extreme Rewards VI. He lost a beauty of a match to King, and we can only guess how he's dealing with the greatest loss we've ever seen him have to deal with. Chin up, ex-champ: if reality gets to hard, we can always wonder What If...

3.) Steven Rausch (^^^)                     (74 Points)

Somehow, some way, Steven Rausch emerged from the Carnage Ladder Match as the fourth-ever holder of the fabled briefcase. Despite the fact that this six-man match was effectively a ten-man match for much of its run-time (thanks to The Order and Bobby Gruesome), Steven outlasted the field in remarkable fashion. After the beating put on him by The Order in the match, we'd imagine he's neck deep in an ice bath right about now. But once he's back in fighting shape, be warned, CiR Universe: this man wields the ultimate lottery ticket.

4.) Steven Why (vvv)                 (59 Points)

The war of words is over, but only because Steven took the necessary steps to physically force Shane Brady's mouth shut. In one of the most harrowing moments any of us here at the Top Ten has ever seen, Steven Why won the Bloodshed Championship after executing a variation of the piledriver that we still don't even have the heart to talk about in public. No more the bridesmaid, Why can finally remember what it feels like to be a CiR champion, what it feels like to be a true bride.

5.) Brother Thelonius (^^^)                   (55 Points)

This is normally the space we'd reserve for protesting the fan vote that has kept Brother Thelonius involved in this Top Ten arc for the better part of two full seasons. However, as much as it pains us to admit, this grade A weirdo did manage to win a match at Extreme Rewards VI.
Yes, the legality of the match is a concern, and we're interested to see what either Adam Harvey or David Train have to say about it come next season. But the bell did ring, Thelonius did win, and he, Sweeney Antoine, and their amateur referee did clear the ring instantly afterward. Do we give him this one?

6.) King                      (53 Points)

How about that for a coronation? CiR royalty finally holds the gold again, and this time it's the most brilliant crown jewel of them all. King has done it all this year: he won the Carnage Rumble, he survived Jimmy James' mind games, and he fought the match of a lifetime at Extreme Rewards to make absolutely sure he walked out of the arena as the CiR World Heavyweight Championship. King and his fans are (deservedly) celebrating today, but - come tomorrow - he'll need to be back on guard; there are challengers everywhere, and a certain someone now holds a certain briefcase...

7.) Shane Brady (vvv)                     (47 Points)

We'll try to keep this one straight and to the point, out of respect. Shane Brady lost his Bloodshed Championship to Steven Why after being put through hell, specifically referring to a certain turnbuckle-assisted maneuver that - as we've heard it - sent Brady right to the hospital after the match. We don't have any updates at all regarding his condition at this time, but we wish Mr. Brady nothing but the speediest of recoveries.

8.) Victor Machado (vvv)                  (43 Points)

While he did not manage to win the Carnage Ladder match, something tells us that CiR management is going to be looking differently at Victor in the future. His performance in the match was otherworldly, and although he left it empty-handed, we see Victor's efforts as driving his career in a very, very good direction.

9.) Vahn (^^^)                       (40 Points)

The Institute's pride and joy entered Extreme Rewards VI as CiR's fighting Double Down Champion. And although he managed to defend his title against General Freedom in the first of the evening's Double Down double defenses, the combination of his own fatigue and Lottie Kelly's boundless energy ensured that Vahn would go on to leave the building as a "former" champion after the second defense. Now Vahn needs to regroup, and The Institute needs to determine the best path forward for itself.

10.) Tom Midas                     (38 Points)

While watching the end of the Bloodshed Championship match was certainly tough for those of us who like seeing human bodies in proper working order, the Purity Championship match set a new low for abject violence in a CiR ring. The former Legends Never Die teammates squared off as Tom Midas defended his Purity Championship against Zack Deathlock. Tom would go on to defend his title, but only after quite literally dislocating Zack's ankle via a brutal Pure Gold. Tom will go on to prove to us all that he's a despicable human being, but for anyone that actually saw the end of this match, you'll believe us when we say we don't expect to see Zack Deathlock in a CiR ring again anytime soon.

Those Receiving Votes: Brother Thelonius (12), Jimmy James (7), Steven Why (7), Lottie Kelly (3), Ben Langston III (3), King (2), Victor Machado (2), Tom Midas (2), Steven Rausch (1), Anna (1)

CiR All-Time Top 20

1.) Chris Jackson                             710 Points
2.) Moberz                                      557 Points
3.) The Personification                    453 Points
4.) King                                         442 Points
5.) John Smith / Mr. Nice Guy         400 Points
6.) King Edge                                 377 Points
7.) Begbie                                      356 Points
8.) Jimmy James                            297 Points
9.) Big Boss Guin                           258 Points
10.) GT                                          224 Points
11.) Jeff Monson                            222 Points
12.) Escharid                                 214 Points
13.) Nadia Wolinski                        203 Points
13.) Axel Crow                               203 Points
15.) Bobo the Clownkiller                202 Points
16.) The Almighty Xandor               196 Points
17.) Steven Why                            177 Points
18.) Diablos                                  172 Points
19.) Alex Scott                               164 Points
20.) Dave Spartacus                       163 Points
20.) Mehmet de la Mer                    163 Points

CiR Top Ten Champions

Seasons 46-47: Shane Brady            75 Points          5/7/2017 - 8/14/2017
Seasons 48-49: Lottie Kelly             122 Points          8/15/2017 - 11/12/2017

Last edited by Steven Rausch on Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:14 pm; edited 57 times in total
Steven Rausch

View user profile http://www.wordswithrausch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: CiR Top Ten

Post  Kaleb Konnely on Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:18 am

Using all 10 of my votes - +10 Repo Man

Vote for Repo Man guys! We gotta get him to Spot #9! He is at 15 points at the moment! We just need +10 more to get him to Spot #9 in The CiR Top Ten! COME ON make your votes count!

Last edited by Kaleb Konnely on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Kaleb Konnely

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:30 am

Bitch.

10 points to King.

And his 10 points go to me, refer to CiR chat. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry Fying on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:09 am

+ 10 points to Old Mags!
Terry Fying

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:58 am

Just got off the phone from Grandma Mags and Grandpa Repo. They're going to give me 10 points each. She also told me Terry reconsidered and give me those points.

So you can add another 30 for Johnny please, Rauschy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Midas on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:26 pm

+10 to j0 i suppose... even though i like my ranking Razz
Tom Midas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy James on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:49 pm

+4 to Kelly, +3 to Hitman and Tank each.
All three say give their +10 to me. Razz
Jimmy James

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaleb Konnely on Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Why wrote:+10 to j0 i suppose... even though i like my ranking Razz

Gotta PM @CIR Top Ten

Plus! DOn't waste your +10! use it on someone that actually matters like Repo Man! We gotta get him on the board!
Kaleb Konnely

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  King Edge on Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:45 pm

How can the first ever person to beat Carnage Incarnate for the Carnage Heavyweight Championship and longest reigning champion not be on the list?

#robbed

Haha  Razz
King Edge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven Rausch on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:30 pm

For those who have PMed @CiR Top Ten with their votes, thanks a bunch! I'm really happy with how much you guys are putting into this, even if we all just really want to see Repo crack the Top Ten and Ben blinked out of history. I'm going to accept votes over there through Saturday - like I will during a real season - and then repost these rankings with the date changed to reflect the week and everyone's votes added, just so you all see the process. (During the season, this is also when I will add match-based points from that day's show.)

As a few of you have said, a lot of these rankings seem strange. Where's King Edge? Where's Kaleb? Where's friggin' Begbie? They're all on my whole list, but you have to consider when I started this project. As far as it's concerned, history began at the beginning of Season 36. Yes, past Rumble wins, MITB wins, and Triple Crown and Grand Slam champions were all recognized. Those milestones are easy enough to track thanks to this well-organized forum. But for someone like King Edge who has never won a rumble or briefcase and is oh-so-close to hitting a Triple Crown or Grand Slam, I couldn't go back and tabulate all of his matches and title victories and defenses... It'd take forever to give him his true due and Moberz and I agreed we wanted to see this project go live sooner than later. I'm already a full season late and I do tend to fear for my life when I displease the Mob man...

That said, throughout this upcoming season, we'll probably still have Dark Screamer and GT on the board. But once this season ends and next season begins, I'll have reason to show two boards every week: current season and all-time. The all-time will continuously be added to, but the current-season board will get reset to zeroes after every season finale. I think you'll all be a lot happier when you see them side by side.

Now I have two questions for you:

1.) Do you think it's better to reset the "current-season" rankings every season, or should I reset only after PPVs so that whole feuds can be properly reflected in the rankings?

2.) For guys like @King Edge and @King, would it really make you happy to see the all-time power rankings eventually reflective of every show we have access to through the archives? It'll take a loooong time, but it's a project I could work on during the offseason between however many seasons it takes to complete. If there's enough popular support behind it, I could start soon. But I will not be working on it during the season. Just gotta throw that out there.
Steven Rausch

Back to top Go down

Post  King Edge on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:04 pm

Oh no dude, don't give yourself anymore work. It is great what you are doing already.

I was just winding you up Wink
King Edge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  King on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:18 am

We are just pulling your leg raushy. This list is really good.

Though if you want some real feedback, take this as simple suggestions:
1. Have different lists between voted and achieved points. This would give a better look at how the CiR members thinks.

2. If you're going through history and picking up information like MitB and CR. Maybe go through the title trophy cabinet and gives points there? You can easily pick up stats like title victory, weeks held the title, same thing about world title. And PPV appearances from the list I posted.
*If you need help I could help you with this suggestion*

That are just suggestions.
Rausch, this list is really good. Thank you for your hard work mate.
King

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rapper Cobalt on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:00 pm

Dash is in the top 10? How the fuck did that happen? lol

As for your questions.

1.) Do you think it's better to reset the "current-season" rankings every season, or should I reset only after PPVs so that whole feuds can be properly reflected in the rankings? - I think they should be reset every 2 seasons after the ppv.

2.) For guys like @King Edge and @King, would it really make you happy to see the all-time power rankings eventually reflective of every show we have access to through the archives? It'll take a loooong time, but it's a project I could work on during the offseason between however many seasons it takes to complete. If there's enough popular support behind it, I could start soon. But I will not be working on it during the season. Just gotta throw that out there. - That's too much work for a single person, pretty hard to do, when you add that you still have to follow on with the current season, be an active contributor and then try and go through the archives. Too much for one man, even if that man happens to be Rausch.

P.s. - Sent in my votes to "Top Ten" dude.
Rapper Cobalt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:06 pm

When you find out, tell me how Ben managed to get himself on that list too.

By the way I'm giving out BJ's for points.

I'm kidding.

I'm giving out BJ's for free.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rapper Cobalt on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:07 pm

@Johnny Zero wrote:When you find out, tell me how Ben managed to get himself on that list too.

I'm kidding.

Wrong again, you have to pay people so you could give them BJ's
Rapper Cobalt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rapper Cobalt on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:08 pm

@Rapper Cobalt wrote:
@Johnny Zero wrote:When you find out, tell me how Ben managed to get himself on that list too.

I'm kidding.

Wrong again, you have to pay people so you could give them BJ's Very Happy
Rapper Cobalt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:10 pm

I owe you billions of dollars by that logic then!

Back to top Go down

Post  Moberz on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:12 pm

Do I think it's worthwhile going through every single show, to account for all the matches we've done and their results and tally them into the point system? Honestly No. The best thing to do would be to take the PPV Show Archive List, King's PPV appearance List, and the trophy cabinet title holders list and use those as the guiding to giving out old points. Mainly focusing on Title Reigns in terms of number and duration, as well as PPV matches and results. This can also give some info. on title defences ect.
We have all the links for those three things readily available and open to use, so it would not be implausable for one person to go through the ppv history and count up who won what matches, if they were for titles, ect, and then create a point tally. Someone else to take the title history list, and count up the number of weeks people held certain belts, create a total, and then combine those totals with the current overall totals. Heck, the title history part can even be divided further for people to work on individual titles. We have the material avaliable, so if people are interested, and you have the time and man-power I won't have issue with this.
Moberz
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven Rausch on Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:32 am

Alright, so I ran with @King's suggestion and have removed the green vote addenda from the end of each person's designated row and instead replaced them with a separate "Those Receiving Votes" section at the bottom of the rankings. This should make it easier to see just who's earning votes every week before those points are added to the list.

Thanks to @Rapper Cobalt for saying he feels the "current season" rankings should be reset only after each PPV, meaning after every other season by our current booking strategy.

And as for the second question I asked - regarding total history involved with this project - I actually started it just to see how involved it would be and was pleasantly surprised it won't take anywhere near as long as I anticipated to tabulate this fed's entire recorded history in terms of match-based points. Yesterday, I went from the midway point of season 4 (the first show we can access through TWG) all the way through season 10 and recorded everything; it took a while, but not nearly as long as I presumed. As long as nobody out there specifically doesn't want me to figure out just how many matches John Paul won here in CiR, I'm going to keep up with it and get you some real, historically accurate rankings by the season premiere.

If it all works out, we can start the season with a richly detailed "all-time list" and a more recent "current season" list that we have right now. Sound good, buds?
Steven Rausch

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaleb Konnely on Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:15 am

therausch09 wrote:Alright, so I ran with @King's suggestion and have removed the green vote addenda from the end of each person's designated row and instead replaced them with a separate "Those Receiving Votes" section at the bottom of the rankings. This should make it easier to see just who's earning votes every week before those points are added to the list.

Thanks to @Rapper Cobalt for saying he feels the "current season" rankings should be reset only after each PPV, meaning after every other season by our current booking strategy.

And as for the second question I asked - regarding total history involved with this project - I actually started it just to see how involved it would be and was pleasantly surprised it won't take anywhere near as long as I anticipated to tabulate this fed's entire recorded history in terms of match-based points. Yesterday, I went from the midway point of season 4 (the first show we can access through TWG) all the way through season 10 and recorded everything; it took a while, but not nearly as long as I presumed. As long as nobody out there specifically doesn't want me to figure out just how many matches John Paul won here in CiR, I'm going to keep up with it and get you some real, historically accurate rankings by the season premiere.

If it all works out, we can start the season with a richly detailed "all-time list" and a more recent "current season" list that we have right now. Sound good, buds?

I swear to fucking god, Repo Man better be up there in the fucking records.
Kaleb Konnely

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rapper Cobalt on Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:06 am

therausch09 wrote:Alright, so I ran with @King's suggestion and have removed the green vote addenda from the end of each person's designated row and instead replaced them with a separate "Those Receiving Votes" section at the bottom of the rankings. This should make it easier to see just who's earning votes every week before those points are added to the list.

Hey, regarding question Nr. 2, if it really doesn't take that much time then by all means go for it. I was kinda against it only because of your own personal time. If you can do it then of course it would be fun for me, as well as everyone else to read through the long history of Cir in a simple manner. I just think the "all-time list" would need to be a bit larger than the 10 best, because there's been so many amazing stars here in CiR. A lot of deserving people would be left out. Just my opinion.
Rapper Cobalt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven Rausch on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:59 pm

Updated with the results of your votes, as well as the first ever All-Time Top 20. Figured now was as good a time as any to let @ChrisJackson know he truly is going out on top. Smile
Steven Rausch

Back to top Go down

Post  Rapper Cobalt on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:12 pm

therausch09 wrote:Updated with the results of your votes, as well as the first ever All-Time Top 20. Figured now was as good a time as any to let @ChrisJackson know he truly is going out on top. Smile

It's nice to know I'm in the CiR All Time Top 20. Thanks Rausch, these are really fun to check out. Keep up the good work mate.
Rapper Cobalt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisJackson on Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:02 am

Nice to know I left a quantifiable legacy behind. I truly set the bar pretty high. Cool
ChrisJackson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven Rausch on Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:30 am

Updated to include the results of the first Bloodshed of the season. Cast your votes for Week Two by Sunday, July 5th. PM them to @CiR Top Ten and speak your minds!
Steven Rausch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum