Three and a Half Seconds (Infamy)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Three and a Half Seconds (Infamy)

Post  therausch09 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:07 pm

The screen goes dark as the sounds of children laughing and singing can be heard. When the image appears, the audience is once again taken to the steering column of the school bus that made an appearance last week.
-
Again, the camera depicts a bus full of children jumping over their seatbacks and playing loudly. At the front of the bus, the same soul-patched mystery man is shown driving, though only his chest, chin, and mouth are clearly shown in the camera's view. The camera jumps and shakes as the bus hits bumps in the road, but the mystery man begins speaking just above the level of the din surrounding him.
-
Mystery Man: "You know, it's apparent that people today don't value a good education. Not like you guys, right?!"
-
He sends the last question over his shoulder toward the back of the bus, and the kids yell in unison, agreeing with their driver with a resounding "YEAH!"
-
Mystery Man: "You see it everywhere. Put somebody on camera, shove a microphone in their face, and just watch and listen. I give it an average of three and a half seconds before those somebodies make complete fools of themselves.
-
It could be a misstated maxim, a word used inappropriately, or an inability to support base rhetoric with any kind of verifiable fact.
-
No matter the situation, though, the lack of functional intelligence makes itself known. And do you know what's truly, truly sad about that?
-
It all could've been prevented had they just focused on education at some point in their lives."
-
The view cuts violently to static as the bus seems to hit a large pothole in the road. When the image comes back as clearly as it previously was, children in the back can be heard groaning as they nurse minor injuries. The driver continues his soliloquy.
-
Mystery Man: "Education is the key to making an uncertain human future certain. Education is our lifeline, and it's time to stop ignoring its value.
-
Fans of the CiR Universe, what's more uncertain than the future of the company you love?
-
Season after season, groups of profoundly uneducated men and women seek to take control of your source of entertainment, and in the process, they almost destroy the whole damn thing.
-
You know what I'm talking about, people. It happens all the time. The Patients. BUM. Sabotage. The list goes on.
-
You see, Carnage in Ring is trapped in a cycle, a cycle of idiocy.
-
Fortunately for all of you, education breaks cycles. So I'm coming home, CiR. I'm coming home to break your cycle and save your future.
-
See you soon."
-
The scene again cuts to static as the bus hits another large bump in the road, this time fading to black instead of returning to the vehicle's interior.
therausch09

View user profile http://www.wordswithrausch.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top