4th on 5th (Rausch) (Infamy)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

4th on 5th (Rausch) (Infamy)

Post  Tom Midas on Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:24 am

Tom and Zack can be standing in the ring as Disturbed's Down with the Sickness plays as the camera pans in to the ring rapidly.

Zack can be seen standing next to a grill, and a pile of fireworks a few meters to his left.

-
Zack: "I know what you guys might be wondering why we're out here... The answer's pretty obvious.

Our opponents at Survive and Conquer have recently celebrated Canada Day. And seeing as they've been having fun, we've felt we should have fun as well!"

-
Zack visibly takes a sip from a bottle that has had its label removed. He fistpumps to get the crowd hyped.

Being a crowd on the British Isles, the majority of the crowd is confused, and somewhat annoyed, but a handful of individuals halfheartedly cheer.

To this, Zack shrugs and takes another sip.

-
Zack: "Since kiddo over there has a match tonight, he wont be able to enjoy this Fourth of July party as much as I will, which is a shame, right?"
-
Tom is visibly as confused as the audience.
-
Tom: "Uh, this isn't exactly what I had in mind when you told me to prepare for my match against Dom tonight, Zack."
-
Zack waves a hand at Tom, and proceeds to flip a burger on the grill, eliciting a nice sizzling sound.
-
Zack: "Come on, Bayou wrestled a match with a hangover on Bloodshed, and you can't even handle letting off a few firecrackers?"
-
Tom rolls his eyes, which causes Zack to put an arm around his shoulder..
-
Zack: "Look, when I first met you Tom, you were hanging around backstage of the indy show, in a heavy Canadian accent. Could barely understand ya.

Aboot this, Sore-y that. But y'know what I saw in ya, kid?"

-
Zack gives Tom a shake, as the latter lets out an exasperated sigh at the use of dialect stereotypes against him. Tom obviously felt his accent wasn't "that" bad.
-
Tom: "What?"
-
Zack looks up, and Tom's eyes follow. The camera pans to show the rafters above the ring, and the wall behind them.

It then pans back around to Tom, who is looking at Zack with a cocked eyebrow.

-
Zack: "I saw a free spirit, one who did what he wanted, consequences be damned. I saw a lot of a younger... well, a good deal younger, version of me in ya! You're like the baby brother of my pa and his 25 year old 2nd wife that I never knew I wanted!"
-
Tom continues to stare at Zack for a moment, but then sighs, and grins as he puts his arm around Zack's shoulder.
-
Tom: "Look, Shane and The Family might share the same nationality as me, Zack, but I feel the same way.

You and Alyssa are like family to me, and if this celebration really means that much to you, I guess for today, I can stand with you in solidarity."

-
Tom glances at the bottle that's still in Zack's hand, and then glances down beneath the grill.

Stuck next to propane tank is at least two more bottles, and Tom rolls his eyes some more.

-
Tom: "Please don't make me stand next to you in solidarity in an ER bed, though."
-
Zack: "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Takes more than a few... adult beverages to make me act stupid."
-
Tom chuckles.
-
Tom: "Sometimes, it takes none, Zack."
-
Zack shoots Tom a look of anger for a moment...

That quickly melts away into a hearty chuckle.

-
Zack: "Bet you wouldn't have it any other way, though!

So if anyone else wants to come out here and have a burger, feel free to!"

-
Zack hands a burger to Tom, who chuckles and shakes his head, but takes a bite and goes to head to the backstage area...

Suddenly

-

Last edited by Tom Midas on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:28 am; edited 3 times in total
Tom Midas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4th on 5th (Rausch) (Infamy)

Post  Tom Midas on Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:24 am

Tom Midas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven Rausch on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:18 am

Suddenly, "Bartholomew" by The Silent Comedy begins playing throughout the arena. Onstage, Brother Thelonius waddles about in his long brown robe, encumbered by a burlap coffee sack slung over one shoulder. He carries a microphone in his free hand and looks none too thrilled with the celebration Zack and Tom have cooked up in the ring.
-
Brother Thelonius: "No, no, no! That is not how you grill."
-
He half-carries, half-drags the sack down the ramp and to the ringside area, where he visibly struggles to host it onto the apron. Upon rolling himself under the bottom rope, Brother Thelonius finds himself momentarily ensnared as his robe and the ropes tangle together. When he finally manages to free himself, he stands upright, flustered and pointing frantically at Zack Deathlock's grill.
-
Brother Thelonius: "Propane?! Have you no idea of the ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT of our constant mole-like search for natural gas?
-
And beef?! The gaseous emissions of bovine hordes DESTROY THE OZONE LAYER, gentlemen!
-
No, this 'cookout' is all wrong."
-
Brother Thelonius proceeds to dump the contents of his coffee sack all over the ring. Rough-hewn pieces of firewood tumble to the canvas, along with a standalone grill plate and a plastic bag tied shut with a double knot. Zack and Tom share a laugh as they watch Thelonius squat and struggle with his haul.
-
Zack Deathlock: "Well if you're gonna come out here and tell me I don't know how to celebrate the 4th, what's your better version look like?"
-
Brother Thelonius: "I am glad you asked. First things first, we need fuel.
-
We won't be needing that putrid propane. My grill is fired by wood from a young elm tree, hand-cut with an absolutely beautiful hatchet I once SPENT FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS on. This way, you can taste the wood smoke, as well as the fineness of the implement used to cut it."
-
Still squatting, Brother Thelonius has managed to build a sort of campfire out of the bits of jagged log he spilled across the ring. He begins sparking an ornate pocketknife against a piece of Flint, attempting to get a small handful of dried tinder to catch flame. Tom Midas looks ready to stop Brother Thelonius from making a terrible mistake, but Zack puts an arm in front of Tom's chest, smiling and shaking his head.
-
Zack Deathlock: "Alright then, you like it old-school. Nothin' wrong  with that. But you also said no to beef, and I just gotta know: what are you grillin' if it ain't beef?"
-
Brother Thelonius: "Another good question, friend.
-
Considering the devastating environmental impact of the DOMESTICATION OF LIVESTOCK, I long ago adopted a purely vegan lifestyle. For tonight's celebration, I've made sandwich patties from BEETS AND TEMPEH. They're DELICIOUS!"
-
Zack Deathlock: "What? Are you seriously interrupting me to get me and my good buddy here to eat veggie burgers on the Fourth of July?"
-
Brother Thelonius: "VEGAN BURGERS!
-
'Veggie burgers can sometimes use egg for binding, and to that I say no thank you. I think you'll find my own patties -"
-
Brother Thelonius cuts himself off mid-sentence as a spark from his flint and steel has jumped over the tinder entirely and begun a fire in the very dry campfire he previously laid out. The logistics of a dry wood fire being built over a canvas mat as poor as they are, the fire spreads quickly, losing containment in a matter of moments.
-
Zack and Tom roll out of the ring as event staff swarm the ring with fire extinguishers, doing what they can to stop the fire before it devours Zack's grill and attempting to contain a very-much-on-fire Brother Thelonius. They laugh at the maybe in the ring, together turning to the crowd and shrugging their shoulders.
-
Zack Deathlock and Tom Midas: "Happy Fourth of July!"
Steven Rausch

View user profile http://www.wordswithrausch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum