Healthy Way (infamy)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Healthy Way (infamy)

Post  Tom Midas on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:36 pm

Candice Witt is seen walking backstage, with a cameraman in tow. As she finally comes to a rest in front of a door, it pans upwards to reveal that it's Legends Never Die's locker room. Candice Witt brings her free hand up to the wooden door and knocks three times, to no answer. She cautiously opens the unlocked door, only to be greeted by a pitch black room.
-
Candice: "Is anyone here?"
-
The microphone picks up a groan and then a weak "aye".
-
Candice: "...Tom?"
-
Candice flips the light switch to the locker room, and Tom is seen sitting alone, on his usual bench spot. Rather noticeably, he's wearing sunglasses.
-
Tom: "Thanks for making sure I didn't have a reason to have the lights turned off, Candice... Nevermind."
-
Candice: "Why are you wearing sunglasses in the dark?"
-
Tom tilts his head downwards slightly, and while his eyes are completely hidden behind the sunglasses, it's readily apparently he's giving Candice a "really?" look.
-
Tom: "I had my eyes clawed by Bayou. I was blinded then, and I'm lucky enough that this injury's only going to keep me out of action this week. I'm not going to go against the doctor's orders when it's the only thing keeping the tag team titles from returning to where they rightfully belong."
-
He sighs, and reaches behind the bench and brings up a very obviously mostly gone and very cheap bottle of a clear substance, and continues drinking.
-
Candice: "Uh, Tom?"
-
Tom removes his lips from the bottle and "stares" at Candice, waiting for her to make the next move in their conversation.
-
Candice: "Do you think this is a healthy way to deal with losing your titles?"
-
Tom thinks for a moment, but then shrugs and weakly laughs.
-
Tom: "It's worked so far, so why change a working formula? And I don't see you suggesting an alternative."
-
Candice remains silent for an instant, but then sits down on the bench next to Tom, and worriedly stares at him.
-
Candice: "Don't you think you could talk to your partner, Zack Deathlock, or your fellow stable mate, Alyssa Hendryl?"
-
He takes another rather large gulp from his bottle, and throws his head back and lets out a long sigh.
-
Tom: "Haven't seen Alyssa in here or anywhere in like a month, Candice. Zack? Hasn't wanted to talk since... the PPV."
-
Another gulp. While it's hard to tell with the opaque material blocking the view, it appears that a different type of clear liquid is streaming from Tom's eyes.
-
Tom: "Sh... Should I just come to expect this from now on? Half-hearted attempts to put a bandaid on a bullet wound? Watching as we legends do indeed die as we go out with a weak whimper like a literal *censored*?"
-
Tom sets the bottle on the ground once more, and then silently turns his head towards Candice, as if waiting for an actual answer from her as to what he should do.
-
Candice: "If... if you truly feel it's gotten to that bad of a point, why don't you give Alyssa and Zack an ultimatum?"
-
He shakes his head.
-
Tom: "Tell me how kind we were when we gave Constance and Isabella the boot like a year and a half ago. And they were toeing the company line or whatever you want to call it."
-
Tom takes off his glasses, wincing at the sudden rush of light hitting his retinas, before gently wiping away some tears from his eyes. Candice glances at the cameraman awkwardly, but the begins to pat Tom's back.
-
Candice: "Maybe instead of an ultimatum with words, you can give them an ultimatum with actions?"
-
Tom raises an eyebrow at Candice who simply shrugs.
-
Tom: "...Hopefully it never has to come to a point where I need to consider that."
-
With that, Tom gets up suddenly, and walks away.
-
Candice: "That was Tom Midas, back to you Jake & Stan!"
-
The camera fades to black as Candice continues to worriedly gaze Tom's disappearing frame.
Tom Midas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top