How Long?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How Long?

Post  Tom Midas on Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:31 pm

Steven Why is shown exiting some store as the camera zooms in rapidly, until the former #1 contender for the World Heavyweight Championship's face takes up the majority of the screen. The pitter-patter of the cameraman rushing to catch up to him.
-
Steven turns his head sideways, peaking over his right shoulder to look at the cameraman.
-
Steven: "Looks like Adam sent you to find me since I didn't show up tonight, huh?"
-
The camera tilts up and down, and Steven frowns, but then scratches his temple for a moment in thought, before glaring into the camera, annoyed..
-
Steven: "Fine, you can follow me and I'll talk, I guess."
-
Why begins walking once more, but he noticeably increases his pace, causing a faint voice from behind the camera to groan.
-
Steven: "So I guess the biggest question you... well, Adam, has is "Why didn't you show tonight?""
-
Steven shrugs and turns around and proceeds to walk backwards, slowing his pace to allow the cameraman to keep up, and to be able to pick up his voice.
-
Steven: "Simple answer is I wasn't booked in a match, the more nuanced answer is that I'd rather not show up and literally do nothing wrong and be punished. Legends Never Die got punished for being associated with Alyssa... I guess? And now they don't have their rematch. Knowing my luck, I'd probably have to wrestle the entire Family in a gauntlet match for my career."
-
Steven runs his hand through his hair in a slightly nervous fashion. It's almost as if he's somewhat hesitant to continue speaking, but eventually settles on doing so.
-
Steven: "Moberz did what was best for Bloodshed. You do what you feel is best for the fans. Meanwhile, you're repeating his foibles. You're... being unjust"
-
Steven and the cameraman both come to a stop at a crosswalk, and Steven takes advantage of this by getting his face even closer to the camera.
-
Steven: "Carnage in Ring... is there even a point in attempting to be just and fair anymore? Is common decency in wrestling an oxymoron?

Shane was able to revive a title and give it to one of his cronies with no punishment.

That crony was able to become a dual champion by cheap tricks, and now, they don't even have to face the ex-champions in a rematch.

If there's going to be no punishment to being a *censored*, why should any of us choose to take the high road?

... Why don't I just go to wherever Jimmy stays during CiR's off days, and snap his neck with my piledriver?"

-
Steven looks at the cameraman, and lets the question sit as the light on the crosswalk changes, allowing them to continue walking.
-
Steven: "My own personal set of morals is the answer there...

But you know what morals have gotten me over my past 4 years in CiR?"

-
He limply raises 1 finger.
-
Steven: "One month. That's how long I've been champion in these nearly 48 that I've been here. Look at Shane. Look at King Edge, look at Jimmy James. My 2%? For some of them, that's 50%, others 25%, all eclipsing me."
-
Steven sighs again, and glares off into the open sky.
-
Steven: "How long... how long can a man handle getting to the brass ring, but find out that just for you, it's been greased up and you just can't get a good grip?

How long will a man follow his morals over results?

How long will a man bend before breaking?"

-
The duo enter an upper-end apartment building, and begin walking up stairs. The cameraman is now huffing and puffing, struggling to carry the heavy camera up behind Steven.
-
Steven: "How long will I go being complacent coming up empty handed?"
-
Steven pulls a key out of his pocket, and unlocks a door. He walks through the frame, and turns around.
-
Steven: "Adam... I'll show up when either:

You book me to have a match

or

Want to speak with me about important and pertinent matters.

Until then, interview's over."

-
Steven somewhat forcefully shuts the door centimeters from the front of the camera, and seconds later, the feed cuts out to dead silence.
Tom Midas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top