The Meek (bloodshed)

Go down

The Meek (bloodshed)

Post  Tom Midas on Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:07 pm

The camera fades into picture as Bex can be seen standing next to Steven, already in his ring gear, staring directly into the camera.
-
Bex: "And now, I'd like to welcome Steven Why!"
-
Steven tilts his head up slightly for a moment before returning to his previous pose, remaining as motionless as any man can.
-
Bex: "So what are your thoughts on wrestling General Freedom tonight?"
-
Steven lets a faint smile appear on his face.
-
Steven: "I like the man behind the mask... well, at this point there might not be a man behind the mask "per se." but that's a pedantic argument on whether the mask was literal or figurative all this time..."
-
Bex: "... Okay?"
-
He sighs at Bex not following what he's saying but just shakes his head and decides to continue speaking.
-
Steven: "I'll be honest, he helped me out last season by stopping Vahn from doing a beatdown upon me... but if you stop and think about it, are Mister White and General that different... in their methods of promoting their ideals anyway?

They're both charismatic... frighteningly so at at times.

General is obviously a better man than White by a mile, but guess how much it takes for a Revolutionary, trying to make the world a better place... to become a dictator.

It's a simple word, power.

It matters not whether I'm good like Freedom, or evil like White.

It's becoming more and more apparent that all that I am, underneath the classification or moralities and pathos that you the audience have, and the ethos that both Vahn and Freedom portray.

Deep down, I'm meek.

Once this is all burned to the ground, all left being the pile of ash and rubble, that shall be the world I inherit.

That will be the CiR I inherit.

But there's a part of my lizard brain that wants to believe that's not true, so no matter what I feel of Freedom, be it that he's a fighter that I respect, or that he's one bad day from using his cult of personality to become a despot...

I need to go out there tonight and beat him, I need to prove to myself, to everyone that I'm not just the definition of a fluke. That I'm not just "good enough" in a world of greats.

And come Risk, that's what I will do again. As Mister White tries to manipulate people with his silver tongue, and General tries to rally an apathetic people into action...

I'll be just one man. Alone. My words may or may not ring true to people in the audience. I might inspire the next generation of wrestlers...

I might just be talking to myself right now...

But I will go out there and I will put everything everything on the line to prove to myself that I'm not a failure."

-
Bex: "That's quite the turnaround to how you were behaving last week."
-
He smiles grimly.
-
Steven: "I try to avoid projecting my own hangups onto others, Bex. Anna, and the fans, and the friends I've made in the back shouldn't have to worry about me tonight, or at RISK. They have their own problems, and I can't expect them to share the weight of my burdens."
-
Bex: "What will you do to General if he's the one to pin you during the triple threat match at RISK for the Bloodshed Championship?"
-
Steven just sighs once more.
-
Steven: "Assuming he's still celebrating in the ring as I recover, I'll leave it. Same with Vahn.

It will be their moment, and they'll have deserved it, Bex.

And with that in mind, I hope General doesn't try and avoid me during the match due to any sense of respect... or pity he feels for me.

If he sees a chance to make me tap out, to pin me for the three, he should go for it.

Save the emotions, both the good and the bad ones, for after the match."

-
Bex nods, but raises an eyebrow.
-
Bex: "But what happens after the PPV, if you lose?"
-
Steven looks at Bex silently for a moment before just shrugging, with a somber expression beginning to form upon his face.
-
Steven: "I don't know..."
-
With that, Steven leaves the interview area, but as the camera pans to follow him with a fade to black, it's shown that he's come face to face with a certain individual he had just spoken about.
-
Tom Midas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Meek (bloodshed)

Post  General Freedom on Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:06 pm

General Freedom: "Hey, Steven! I was really hoping to run into you before our match, and would you believe the luck!"
-
The slow dissolve rapidly resolves itself into a medium close shot of the red, white, and blue visage of General Freedom, framed in depth by the doorway of the interview area and Steven's back from the scapulae up. To the most perceptive of viewers, it may appear that Why's trapezius muscles tighten.
-
General Freedom: "Honestly, though, we make our own luck, don't we?"
-
The General breaks presumed eye contact with Steven Why to beam at the camera.
-
General Freedom: "What I mean to say is that I was watching the interview on the monitors back here while trying to catch up to you two. CiR fans, I'm sorry if you can't stomach hearing how the sausage is made, but the fact of the matter is that a lot of us keep track of the show as it airs through the merits of modern technology. Anyway..."
-
Freedom realigns his field of vision in such a way that he is again, presumably, looking Why in the eyes the viewers cannot see.
-
General Freedom: "The truth of the matter is that you've raised a lot of excellent points, and while all of this is still fresh in my mind I want to address some of them. Now, a common concern people raise about my- er, my political stance, is the notion that my reason for agitating for the changes that I do is a ploy to gain personal power. Steven, I want you to know how much I, myself, am haunted by that thought. I've lost a lot of sleep questioning my own motivations, because I need to know that my ideology, my conviction, my intent... I need to know that these things are sound. I need to know that they come from a place of honesty. As Streetlight Manifesto pointed out on one of their albums, 'You can play the role of rebel. Just be sure to know your wrong from your right.' You have to notice those possessive pronouns. Did you catch those?"
-
General Freedom waits a couple of beats for a response, then clears his throat and plunges ahead.
-
General Freedom: "In our struggle to topple the established order, it can be all too easy to succumb to knocking things over simply because they are still standing. That's why I need to understand my own truth, the dark of my own motivations, that's why it's so important to me that people raise concerns like this from both within and without the cause. You see? I need to know what my wrong and my right are before I ever set out to rebel against somebody else's mores. If I don't set that bearing and check it often, I'm simply adrift at sea. How can I be so sure that my course is true? Much more importantly, how can you be?"
-
The General shrugs.
-
General Freedom: "I guess that depends on if you trust me. If you don't, well, I appreciate your showing the civility to hear me out regardless. If you do, you'll believe me when I say that I have rejected the opportunity to rule over other people as anathema to the opportunities I want to make sure others have to rule over themselves. I'm not aiming to knock one guy off the throne so that I can take his place. The metaphorical guy on the throne? Yeah, okay, he has to go. So does his court, of course, as those who minister to and enable the broken systems that govern us are complicit in our bondage and must not have the opportunity to seize that fancy, vacant chair. But I don't intend to protect the seat of power by occupying it. I don't intend to protect it at all."
-
Freedom smirks, a wicked glint flashing through his gunmetal eyes but not resting there long. It is quickly replaced by a deep, resonant stare that is clearly not directed at Steven Why nor anything in General Freedom's field of vision. Whether he is looking through, beyond, or nowhere in relation to Steven is difficult to read.
-
General Freedom: "I'll topple the tyrant. I'll topple his throne. I'll raze his palace, break down his walls, and let the people build their houses from the stone, so that that which was hewed to confine them can give them shelter and only shelter ever after. There are things I believe are worth saving, Steven, from deep within the mask all the way out. Life. Liberty. Family. Trust. These are things that I can no more provide to the world at large than any other tinpot who would care to step up. All I can do is present people with freedom and let them, let you, decide as you will. If I were to force you to be free, after all..."
-
The General suddenly starts, his eyes snapping back to the here and now as he ever so slightly shudders.
-
General Freedom: "I could never forgive myself, man. This is the same world we all have to share and this is the same world I'm leaving to my son someday. Do you know what I really want to be? Want to guess? It isn't to be a tyrant. It isn't even to be a rebel. There's one thing I want to be above all when I look at a world in pain, full of suffering people, those ground under the heel and those licking the boot and even the guy who gets to wear the thing, it's what I hope to become when I teach people how to find their voices, what I envision when I hear them call for revolution, and it's something that I know I will become when this battle is finally concluded."
-
General Freedom clenches his eyes shut, almost wincing, before choking out one last word and turning to leave the frame.
-

General Freedom: "'Unnecessary.'"
General Freedom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum