Stand a Chance

Go down

Stand a Chance

Post  Tom Midas on Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:50 pm

All the Days begins to play as Tom Midas walks onto the entrance ramp, wearing golden wrestling tights, and a green t-shirt. He's alone this week as he jogs down towards the ring.
-
Jake: "I wonder what Tom has to say about his opponent here tonight, Prayme Rosario?"
-
Stan chuckles and smiles
-
Stan: "I'm sure he doesn't need to remind Prayme that he was the one to defeat Prayme's associate Kory Lanes for the Purity Championship...

But I sure do hope he mentions it again!"

-
Tom is quickly handed a microphone as he rushes past the ringside area, and then slides into the ring, taking in the boos the crowd are giving him with a grin upon his face.
-
Tom: "So as you all might know, I'm in the Risk or Reward match for RISK...

And as self-explanatory as that should be, I'll go into detail as to what that entails. Just for those of you here that are a little "slow"."

-
He eyes random people in the crowd, causing the sections he's staring at to boo even louder as he chuckles to himself.
-
Tom: "I could talk forever about each and every other man in the match like a certain individual did last week...

But to be blunt, only one or two of the people in the match register as even a threat to me.

And as I'm sure you folks can figure out with simple addition, yes, I'm saying I'm guaranteed to walk out of that match with a case.

I'll open it up, it will be a world title shot, and I'll walk into the ring at the next pay per view with a smile upon my face as I beat King... or Rated, or whoever into a pulp."

-
He looks towards the entrance ramp.
-
Tom: "But I suppose I should talk about Prayme, right?"
-
The crowd, in a reversal of their usual current opinion of the man, cheer for Rosario's name.
-
Tom: "I don't know what I could say that can't already just be inferred by my past words, my past actions, and so on and so forth."
-
He smiles.
-
Tom: "But I know the people here tonight love hearing my lovely voice, so let's begin!"
-
The crowd tries to interrupt him with their wave of boos, but he powers on through.
-
Tom: "Bone Collector. Big Bad. Bossarino. Whatever you're called this week, you must've known that facing me was a possibility when you came crawling back to my playground.

Ask Kory how fighting me turned out for him. If he even bothers to show his face around you now.

I wouldn't if I was outsmarted, outwrestled, and just all-around outplayed."

-
He chuckles to himself once more.
-
Tom: "But assuming you haven't kept in touch with him in the past year or so, I broke him. I was the last match he had in CiR. And where is he now?"
-
He raises his arms up, and shrugs.
-
Tom: "He might be one of the thousands of nameless faces in the crowd here tonight, he might be home, nursing a shattered ego and his 8th beer of the day.

Either option is fine with me, to be frank."

-
Tom turns towards the entrance ramp and waves his hand out in front of himself.
-
Tom: "But you're different Prayme. You came back.

You returned to the promised land of wrestling, the Mecca of Mat Wrestling, the Valhalla of Vertabreakers, the Heaven of Headlocks...

And for what?"

-
He mockingly pretends to think for a moment, before hitting his head with his free hand.
-
Tom: "Of course, it's for money, isn't it. You're in your mid 30s, you've had career threatening injuries before.

You just want to make another quick buck, right?"

-
Tom chuckles again, but then frowns.
-
Tom: "You come back to the place you shunned for months on end, and all for money?"
-
He sarcastically tut-tuts.
-
Tom: "I should honestly be more mad at Adam.

You ghost CiR for almost half a year, and then he lets you waltz right back in as if nothing happened?

YOU COULD BE THE NEXT WORLD CHAMP, AS IF NOTHING HAPPENED?!"

-
Tom takes a deep breath and after a moment, sighs.
-
Tom: "I've worked my ass off to get to where I am now Prayme.

I turned my back on "righteous" men.

I've ended careers of people who were "better" than you or I.

I've bleed in this ring every single week that I've been able to."

-
Tom's face morphs into one of disgust.
-
Tom: "And you were who knows where, watching, waiting for the perfect moment to come back and weasel your way into the world title picture, right? Is that it?"
-
Tom shakes his head.
-
Tom: "Not today, Prayme.

Not tomorrow, Big Boss.

Not ever, Bone Collector."

-
He shakes his head rapidly now, and nearly screams out his next few words.
-
Tom: "I worked for this opportunity, I maimed. I injured...

I would kill for this.

I am going to prove to everyone that I am the best in CiR. I will prove to everyone that my ruthlessness is the right path. I will prove that my fury is the fate of all the heroes here in "CiR land"."

-
He holds up his right arm, and then takes his right leg and lifts it in the air slightly as well, and wiggles them.
-
Tom: "See these? For most people these are fairly simple and intuitive points of attack in a wrestling match. If I can't walk, I can't fight, right?
-
Tom motions as if he's going to ram his shoulder into the turnbuckle, but stops a few centimeters away.
-
Tom: "Heh... You won't have to just focus on any part of me to put me down Prayme. You'll have to cripple me.

Because as long as I can breath, as long as I can crawl, as long as I can use this..."

-
He taps his head three times.
-
Tom: "You don't stand a chance."
Tom Midas

View user profile

Back to top Go down