Apology Tour 2018

Go down

Apology Tour 2018

Post  General Freedom on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:27 pm

-
The opening riff of "Stars and Stripes" by Anti-Flag screams out through the arena. The audience erupts into applause, with many of the more enthusiastic fans taking their feet. The CarnageTron intersplices images and the occasional short video of revolutionaries past with highlight footage from General Freedom's time in CiR. Here we have the General delivering a Freedom Rally. There we have a portrait of Simón Bolívar. One after another, the videos and images in the package flash along as General Freedom himself takes to the entrance stage. In addition to his ever present American flag wrestling mask, he's wearing black lace up wrestling boots, a veteran pair of jeans that has been cut off right around the knee, some red four ounce gloves, and one of his own official CiR merchandise T-shirts. The shirt itself, which is black and depicts the familiar flag-based design with olive drab dollar signs leaking blood, is captioned with "SAY YOU WANT A REVOLUTION" and is available at the merchandise stand. From a quick survey of the crowd in attendance, it's already been sold several times tonight. Freedom jogs to the ring, microphone in his left hand and high fiving the fans to his right on the aisle. Finally, when he reaches ringside, he climbs to the apron, then slingshots into the ring and immediately begins speaking.
-
General Freedom: "Hey, CiR fans! Long time no see."
-
Stan: "Ugh, this guy. It hasn't been long enough!"
-
Jake: "The fans rather seem to disagree with you, Stan. General Freedom is getting quite the warm welcome."
-
Stan: "Of course they disagree with me! They often do. It's like they enjoy being wrong!"
-
General Freedom: "I want to start things off right, and to do that I need to offer an apology. Steven Why, if you're listening, I'm really sorry that things went the way they did at RISK. Because I was in that match, because I couldn't hold my own at that level, you've lost your ability to win a title and it seems like a lot more besides that. If only that match had been one on one, just you and Vahn, things could have gone so much differently..."
-
The General trails off, raising his free hand to his masked face to massage the bridge of his nose.
-
Stan: "So, what, he came out here before his match to apologize for being a bad wrestler? Why start now?"
-
Jake: "He's not saying he's a bad wrestler. Not really. CiR holds the entire roster to the industry's highest standards, after all."
-
Stan: "Standards? This guy wears an American flag on his face and talks about revolutions. What standards call for that?"
-
Jake: "Those things aside, he's a skilled wrestler, the fans love him, and we've never had problems with his comportment outside the ring."
-
Stan: "Well, he's less skilled than Vahn, the fans are dumb, and I think he's up to more outside the ring than he lets on..."
-
General Freedom: "But tonight, there's only one match I can afford to focus on. As I'm sure you are all aware, the main event for this evening will pit yours truly against CiR's very own World Heavyweight Champion, King! I'm excited for this. I'm sure you all are, too. It's always an honor to step in the ring with a promotion's top guy, and it's all the better when it's someone with the wrestling talent King has. Hopefully I can learn a thing or two while we're squaring off. So, CiR fans, if you're looking forward to this match, stand up and cheer. If you're looking forward to a radical change in the operations of society, turn those clapping hands into angry balled fists. If you're looking forward to the future while agitating for change in the present, fill your lungs to the bursting point and"
-
The fans shout along with the General.
-
"Say you want a revolution."
-
General Freedom tosses the microphone to a ring technician with one hand and jams the other hand in his hip pocket.
-
General Freedom

View user profile

Back to top Go down