This Too, Shall Pass.

Go down

This Too, Shall Pass.

Post  Tom Midas on Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:56 am

Tom is backstage, sitting on a leather couch, still in his street clothes. Alexa is standing next to him, microphone directed towards his lips already.
-
Tom: "Rage. Hatred. Spite...

These are all emotions I felt as I recovered from the beatdown administered by the alliance last week after defeating Jimmy James in a match. They attempted to make a statement towards Adam once more, but instead, they've bitten off more than they can chew.[/i]

-
Anna nods, and brings the microphone towards herself to speak.
-
Alexa: "So you're confident that you, Jimmy, and Lottie will win tonight?"
-
Tom looks towards Alexa as if she had just asked him to solve what two plus two equaled, but nods his head.
-
Tom: "I'm not going to sit here and say that Jimmy and I have become best buddies in the past week, hell, I haven't even seen him in person since the last Bloodshed, but being friends does not mean anything with what the Alliance did last week, and what they did in making us into a group to oppose them."
-
He gestures around his locker room, mixed in with expensive paintings and sculptures are photographs and stills from Tom's previous matches, both inside and outside of CiR. What all the images have in common, however, are they show either Tom himself, or his opponents, in agony.
-
Tom: "A lot of people like to say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I'm not one to put it in those exact words, but the same basic ideal resonates with me.

Victor, and his cronies, thought they'd blindside me and make me a fool in their chess game against Adam. What they didn't seem to realize, and I'm shocked that they didn't, seeing as they have one of the two people I absolutely *destroyed* when I broke up Legends Never Die, Alyssa, on their side... is that I'm not  pawn.

I'm a warhead, and they're going around kicking people like me, and are about to be shocked when they get hit by a blast of radiation."

-
Alexa nods, and asks her next question.
-
Alexa: "Speaking of Adam, though, do you think he's reconsidered his harsh stance upon your aspirations towards challenging for the world championship recently? You did happen to defeat the most recent former champion in a one fall match clean, in the middle of the ring."
-
Tom smiles, and nods his head.
-
Tom: "That match proved beyond a shadow of a doubt I am a maineventer here in CiR, Alexa. My actions, my accomplishments had already done so as well... But the naysayers have nothing to fall back on now, be they Adam Harvey, or some dorks online."
-
He shrugs, however.
-
Tom: "But surprisingly enough, at least to Adam I'm sure, I'm not focused on the world title tonight. I'm focused on the man who holds it, the *censored* who sweet talked her way back into relevancy, and a washed up future king who was supposed to be the future like five years ago. They'll experience a Perfect Nightmare, a Golden Horror, an A-list asswhoopin'..."
-
Alexa raises an eyebrow.
-
Alexa: "And how are you so sure of this, Tom?"
-
Tom chuckles to himself before answering.
-
Tom: "The Alliance aren't the first of their kind, they're not the last of their kind. They need to fight in numbers to overcome their individual weaknesses. They have to hide behind one another to stand up to the true horrors that surround them.

They're the group of children having a camp out who hear a sound in the woods, and all five decide to go check it out.

Lottie? Me? Jimmy if he wants to be? We're that sound that they're afraid of, we're the thing they're scared of."

-
He looks around his locker room, and the camera rests longer on the images of Tom wrestling.
-
Tom: "They'll say they'll bring about change, Alexa. But they'll splinter, and falter. And you, as well as the fans at home, will realize that this too, shall pass.

And the only constant in Carnage in Ring

Is that Carnage, my Carnage, is constant.

-
With that, the camera rests on a shot of Victor and Tom in their RISK or Reward match, before fading to black.
-
Tom Midas

View user profile

Back to top Go down