Beauty and the Beast (post-post match - Spoilers. Duh.)

Go down

Beauty and the Beast (post-post match - Spoilers. Duh.)

Post  Henri Black on Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:35 pm

The camera fades in on the backstage area and moves down the hall and stops at the open door to Henri Blacks locker room.
-
Henri: “It's good to have a measure of revenge, I might not have wanted to team with King last season but that doesn't mean I enjoy being screwed over.”
-
as the cameraman enters the room, Henri is seen sitting on a bench against the wall, his head tilted back as he removes the tape from his wrist.
-
Henri: “There's just something unbelievably satisfying about getting your hands on that slimy censored and him not being able to slip away, and Logan hitting his partner in the face with that chair? It was priceless!”
-
Finished removing the tape from one wrist Henri begins on the other as Eliza laughs at the accidental contact by the tag team champions earlier.
-
Eliza: “And then Bobby speared Logan it was a beautiful sight, I wish I had known ahead of time that it would happen, I would have recorded the show... Do you think I could convince the production crew to make me a copy?”
-
Henri laughs at his wife's eagerness and nods in response[/i]
-
Henri: “If anybody could convince them to make a copy I'm sure it would be you, we can head over after I take a shower and get dressed. In the off chance they refuse the Beauty we show them the Beast.”
-
Eliza smiles back at Henri
-
Eliza: “If nothing else he was a good tune up opponent, we can focus on Ryan Magnus now, and after him there is nothing to stand between up and General Freedom.”
-
Eliza walks over and sits on the floor to Henri and punches him lightly in the leg.
-
Henri: “You're right, of course, one more week and then... what the hell are you doing here old man!?!”
-
Henri suddenly leans forwards, a grin splitting his face and the camera turns to face the door and finds a man leaning against the doorframe, twirling a top hat  between his hands
Henri Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Beauty and the Beast (post-post match - Spoilers. Duh.)

Post  Esgaroth on Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:58 pm

-
Esgaroth: You called for the beauty and the beast, but Kiareq stayed at home, so I have to suffice.
-
He walks over to Eliza and kisses her hand.
-
Esgaroth: Good dawn, Eliza. I hope you have been well?
-
Eliza: I have, thank you. And yourself?
-
The count shakes Henri's already untaped hand while answering.
-
Esgaroth: I can't really complain. Business and life have both been good, if not a bit... dull.
-
He sits down on the bench opposite of the couple and fixes Henri with his unreadable gaze.
-
Esgaroth: And then, I heard one of my little birds sing a hushed but persistant song of a certain plan one Prayme Rosario has.
-
Henri's face darkens and Eliza looks uncomfortably at Esgaroth.
-
Esgaroth: So I talked to him right after he asked you.
-
Eliza: Did he ask you, too?
-
Esgaroth: Aye, he did.
-
The younger man chuckles without humor.
-
Henri: What a day for Prayme, two rejections in a row!
-
Esgaroth: I said yes.
-
A stunned silence fills the room as both Henri and Eliza try to process this answer.
-
Henri: But why? He has stabbed me in the back twice! He has stabbed you in the back before, too. You can't trust him!
-
Esgaroth: I don't. And I told him as much.
-
The count rises from the bench and Henri notices that he actually used the support of the walking cane for the first time since he has known Esgaroth.
-
Esgaroth: But the Revenants were never about Prayme, or any other single one of its members. The Revenants are about competition, about pushing oneself to the limits. It never was a political force or a tool to further one's ambition.
-
He looks down into Henri's eyes.
-
Esgaroth: And I made it very clear to Prayme that it will stay that way.
-
Esgaroth: You know, there is a quote from the German poet Johann Wolfgang von Goethe: "Divide and rule, a sound motto. Unite and lead, a better one."
-
Henri: So what, you want me to join as well? To forget everything that has happened and put it behind me?
-
He jumps to his feet in rage.
-
Henri: Well, I can't do that. You don't know what it was like, you weren't here! Eliza and I had to suffer through all of it while you sat back in Walldorf!
-
The count sighs.
-
Esgaroth: "Impotent hatred is the most horrible of all emotions; one should hate nobody whom one cannot destroy." Another quote by Goethe.
-
He grabs Henri's shoulder to calm him down.
-
Esgaroth: But no, I don't want to ask you to join. It is my turn to suffer Prayme now, and I will try to do my best from the inside. You do your stuff until you are ready.
-
Henri slowly calms down again and sits down next to Eliza. Esgaroth also sits down, but this time right next to his friend.
-
Esgaroth: I saw your match. Great victory. So are you on the road to become champion or was that just another day for Henri Black?
-
Henri smiles.
-
Henri: Yes.
-
Both Eliza and Esgaroth groan.
-
Esgaroth: You'd think I'd know better some day. Well, it's good to see some things never change.
-
Relieved of the tension, but Henri and Eliza laugh and the conversation continues in a more casual way as the camera cuts to a comercial break.
Esgaroth

View user profile

Back to top Go down